I came across an article in the January 2006 issue of Elle Singapore called 35 by 35, basically a list of items a woman's got to do before she turns 35 to see that she's "not missing out on great experiences and milestones" in her life journey.
1. Travel Solo - travelled to Hong Kong alone in year 1999 but stayed with a friend who was posted there for work. So, maybe this is not counted?
2. Buying a car - still dreaming about my BMW convertible ;)
3. Road trip - to KL counted? I guess not...
4. A fancy dinner - thanks to my hubby, I've had a lot of this
5. Nude photos - hmmm.... this one is definitely a stretch...
6. Visit one major city - London, Edinburgh, Oxford, Cambridge, Paris, Lyon, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Venice, Munich, Lucerne, Salzsburg, Vienna, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Kumamoto, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Bali
7. Getting your own place - 2005
8. Volunteering - I have a Swiss friend who's working with the UN. My dream is to join her for a couple of months sometime in the future
9. Adopting (charity, animal, or tree) - adopting a child in a third world country is definitely in the pipeline
10. Dump toxic friends - difficult to let go but yes, have done that a few times
11. Organise regular reunions - I have my regular lunch meets with friends who really matter
12. Attending a global event - hope to do the Cannes Film Festival soon
13. Online shopping - done too much of that in 2005!
14. Flirting - Err...
15. Knowing your legal rights - that I can say is not an issue
16. Take a family holiday - we've been doing this on a yearly basis for the past few years
17. Sharing a kiss in Paris, with someone you love - :) done that, also under many bridges in Venice
18. Making love somewhere unusual - Errr... we are asked to check out www.durex.com
19. Do the New York Times crossword - will head for this immediately after this posting
20. Planning for retirement - not got round to that... tsk...
21. Learning another language - attempted Japanese and French but can't boast of remembering anything besides "Aisteru" and Je'taime"
22. Commission a portrait - wait till I go to Cambodia or Vietnam
23. Run a marathon - this is another major stretch, possibly something I'll never do in my life
24. Have a mammogram - I heard this is very painful, so...
25. Overcome a phobia - Can't think of one at the moment
26. Living overseas - did that from 1989 Sept to 1994 Jan in London. Don't mind doing that again, next time hopefully it'll be in Paris or New York
27. See the wonders of the world - Eiffel tower and the Leaning Tower of Pisa counted?
28. Blogging - :) :) res ipsa loquitor
29. Get a full body check-up - done
30. Meditate - hmm... not something I'll enjoy...
31. Increase your insurance coverage - just done that
32. Quit smoking - I never smoked
33. Pop calcium - okay, 2006 new year resolution
34. Go back to school - considering...
35. Make a will - soon...
Further, the author of the article has added a "Five Must-Dos Before 40"
1. Own liquid assets
2. Change your fashion style
3. Learn a life skill
4. Deal with death
5. Turn down an unsuitable marriage proposal