Friday, November 04, 2005

Winter's Sonata

Unlike my sis who rushes home everyday to catch the 8.30pm Korean drama series on tv, I unfortunately don't have the luxury of time to sit through an hour of tear-jerking romance, especially at that particular hour when Zerlynde normally demands for her nightly lullabies.

So, the only Korean drama that I have watched from beginning to end is the sensational Winter's Sonata featuring heart-throb Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo, the Audrey Hepburn of Korea.

I believe it was sometime in year 2002 or 2003 when I bought the VCD set and finished watching the complete soap-opera within 2 days, accompanied by my mum who went through the emotional and mental agony with me only to heave a sigh of relief and satisfaction at the end of our journey.

Winter's Sonata was so popular in Malaysia during that time that there was even a malay version of its theme song, not to mention the sprouting of "Winter's Sonata tours", gimmicks offered by the opportunistic tour companies. I would have jumped onto the next plane to South Korea myself if only the tour companies threw in tea with Bae Yong-joon in their package.

To read a review of the drama, click HERE
To listen to one of my favourite songs from the soundtrack, click HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home