Monday, October 30, 2006

Full Time Mothering........

The confinement lady left yesterday leaving me to fend for myself with a 26 month old toddler and a 1 month old baby! (well...... not exactly really since mum is around to help...)

Hubby called from KL earlier to ask how it all went. My answer was - on top of the every 3-hourly feed, I have had a day of bathing the baby, changing nappies (for both baby and toddler), entertaining the toddler, soothing the baby, washing up the milk bottles, making sure there's hot and warm water available, etc - basically attending to the needs of my 2 children FULL TIME.

In short, I have had a tiring and much as I'd hate to admit, boring day.

My salute and a new found respect to all those full time mothers around, especially those with more than 2 kids. I don't know what they do to keep their sanity intact in the long run!

No... I am not suffering from post natal depression, just being a bit grouchy. I know in time I will learn to enjoy motherhood (to 2) as it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home