Friday, March 02, 2007

Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss, Booker Prize

Kiran Desai won the Booker Prize for this book in 2006. I found her writing to be very honest. Besides that unfortunately, I must say, this book does nothing to me. Definitely you won't catch me reading it another time.

This brings to mind another Booker Prize winner (1997) - The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. Now, that, to me, is a truly marvelous book. I must have read it 3 times at least! Highly recommended!

Other Booker Prize winners worth reading in my opinion are John Banville's The Sea (2005), Michael Ondaatje's The English Patient (1992), A.S. Byatt's Possession:A Romance (1990), Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day (1989) and Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children (1981)

On the other hand, my Booker Prize let downs are so far Yann Martel's The Life of Pi (2002) and Peter Carey's Oscar and Lucinda (1988).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home