Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday BBQ










We had a BBQ at home last Sat since the following day was to be my birthday and because the kids love birthday cakes and candles. Hubby went shopping for fish, prawns, crabs, etc. very early in the morning and spent a couple of hours marinating them, as well as cooking his infamous "Tu Khar". The effort was well spent as everybody that evening marvelled at the results and said he should have been a cook! Andrew even offered his services to be a helper should hubby decide to open up a restaurant!
We didn't wait until midnight to sing the Birthday song and blow the candles as the kids were getting impatient. So at around 10.40pm, we got everyone to gather around the table and sang the Birthday Song. Zerlynde and Zuwern were thrilled that they get to blow the candles. And they must be especially happy since we repeated the ritual three times! I found some sparkle candles which I remember buying sometime last year. They were beautiful and a great change from the usual.

And unexpectedly, I've got a number of great gifts this year, apart from all the lovely birthday wishes via sms, e-mails, even Facebook! Ah! I must confess I am spoilt rotten by close friends and family members this year :) I thank God for my blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home