Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Live Like It's Heaven On Earth

Hubby and I were invited to a friend's birthday party last Saturday. It was held at the 1st floor of Strudels at Bangsar and was a very grand do indeed. The evening's theme was "Wild Colours, Dancing Feet and Swivelling Hip" and the spirit for the evening was "Dance Like No One Is Watching, Love Like You Will Never Get Hurt, Sing Like No One Is Listening and Live Like It's Heaven On Earth. So I put on my brightest lime green and pink dress and brought along my pair of dancing shoes.

The place was decorated with multi-coloured balloons and crepe papers complete with a "Disco Ball" right in the middle. And there was a DJ who spinned us the most fantastic of songs. I knew he was my type of DJ when he played "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "Dancing Queen" and "You To Me Are Everything" all in a row. Hubby and I danced like no one is watching!

A few of us also sang a song for the birthday girl, a combination of Girl from Ipanema and Downtown. It wasn't perfect but we sang like no one is listening!

My friend R truly lives like it's heaven on earth. She celebrated her sizzling sixties that evening but she didn't look or behave a day older than 40! My salute to her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home