Thursday, October 06, 2005

Vocabulary

Zerlynde's recent acquisition are "flower", "ple" for "apple", "meow" for "cat", "ss" for "grass" and "moon". She loves her Baby Einstein Poems for Little Ones book. It introduces her 5 words; apple, cat, grass, flower, snow and moon. And I love the poems in the book.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Apple Tree by Galway Kinnell

It's the fall, the unfallen apples
hold their brightness
a little longer into the blue air, hold the idea
that they can be brighter


The Cat and the Moon by W. B. Yeats

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses, and with eglantine,
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lulled in these flowers with dances and delight....

My Loves by Langston Hughes

I love to see the big white moon,
A-shining in the sky;
I love to see the little stars,
When shadow clouds go by.

I love the raindrops falling
On my rooftop in the night;
I love the soft wind's sighing,
Before the dawn's gray light.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home