Thursday, February 16, 2006

Books and Movies

Spent the last 10 days reading; Kawabata's The Sound of the Mountain and Beauty and Sadness, John Mortimer's Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders, John Berendt's The City of Falling Angels and "chick-lit" Kathleen Tessaro's Innocence and Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess.

Also got round to watching 3 1/4 films. 'Pride & Prejudice' was a let-down. I fell asleep halfway! 'Memoirs of a Geisha' was much better although a little too dark (literally) for my liking. (Ahh, but that Ken Watanabe was really cool...)

I read very positive reviews of 'Being John Malkovich' in my 2 volumes of book on movies, so decided to give that a shot. It's fantastic, one of the more intelligent and inventive films I've watched of late.

And a friend recommended 'Something's Gotta Give' which I watched at a friend's place over the chinese new year. I enjoyed the first half an hour, then was interrupted by the arrival of a friend who then engaged me in an hour long conversation about this and that, which means I missed most of the witty conversations in the film and shall have to watch it all over again... (it's also highly recommended in my books on movies, that's why...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home