Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Beautiful Wedding

I have to confess I don't like attending weddings, as I find most to be an absolute bore. But when I received an invitation to attend Anna's, I knew for certain that this was one special event I wouldn't want to miss for anything in the world. And indeed, I was right. Anna and Peng's wedding proved to be one of the most beautiful weddings I have attended thus far. It was beautiful not because it was held in a 5-star hotel ballroom nor because everybody was dressed fit to see the Queen.

It was beautiful because the atmosphere was filled with so much love, affection and jollity. Everyone was free to walk about and mingle. The best man and maid of honour's speech was suffused with wit and humour. The food and the wine was superb. There was an abundance of champagne. And the wedding couple was so obviously in love with one another I couldn't help but was moved just looking at them.

Having the wedding on the Lone Pine beach naturally went a great deal towards making it even more beautiful. Seated underneath the white canopy just a few feet away from the sea, it was BLISS for me, feeling the evening breeze gently caressing my arms against the background of the soft rhythm of the waves.

I had a wonderful time sharing the evening with Anna and Peng, and I am sure, so did the rest of the guests. Anna is an extraordinary woman and because of that, wherever she is, she fills the space with nothing but love and wonderment. Unsurprisingly therefore, her wedding turned out the way it did. I have only one word to describe it - MAGICAL.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Toast to the Wedding Couple

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All dressed in a splendid array of colour

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
With the beautiful Maid of Honour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home