Thursday, March 23, 2006

Journey to the South

Hooi Yie, my youngest sister delivered a baby boy last month. So mum and I decided to pay her a visit at her parents-in-law’s house in Pontian where she was recuperating. Hubby drove us down to KL where we stayed for a few days. There, I met up with Janice, Raz and Mee Lin. Also, the MPH warehouse sale was on. So, Kitty and I managed to walk away with some wonderful bargains. Then on Saturday, together with Kitty and my hubby, we took a 3 hour leisurely drive to Pontian.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Zerlynde with her little friend Zara

The new born baby was very beautiful. He’s got big brown eyes, a promising nose, dainty lips and 2 deep dimples on his cheeks. Zerlynde was immediately very taken in by him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Beautiful Kai Yun, my nephew

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Zerlynde playing with her cousin sister, K-Ying

My brother-in-law’s house in Pontian is situated on a very vast ground just beside a river. His family recently built some chalets just 300 metres away from the house, complete with a beautifully landscaped garden at the front. We were given the privilege of staying at “the resort” on our first evening there. And for supper, we were treated to the famous Pontian “red noodle” which is essentially wanton noodle cooked in tomato ketchup. The noodle sure didn’t look very appetizing but it didn’t taste too bad either surprisingly. Apparently, people as far as Singapore comes to Pontian just to satisfy their craving for this red noodle. I wonder why…. Must be an acquired taste.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The "5-star Pontian Resort"

The next day, while Kitty and my hubby drove back to KL, Hau Yee’s father very kindly drove mum, Zerlynde and I to Kluang to visit my mum’s eldest sister. It took us about one and a half hours to reach there. We stayed in Kluang a night to allow mum sufficient time to catch up with her 80 year old sister whom she hardly meets. I also took the opportunity to get acquainted with some of my cousins who were in fact closer to my mother’s age than to mine.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mum and her eldest sis

We returned to Pontian the following day to stay another night, this time in the main house as we discovered that the mosquitoes at the chalets were ferocious and had feasted on poor Zerlynde during our stay there on the first evening. Then, on Tues evening, we flew back to Penang directly from Senai airport

It was Zerlynde’s first experience flying. We flew Airasia since it allowed us to walk up the steps to the plane which I thought was a great opportunity to introduce Zerlynde to the sight of real aeroplanes at a near distance. She didn’t seem too excited though. I think it’s because she didn’t fully comprehend the nature of our expedition. But while in the plane during take-off, she imitated the sound of the roaring engine which led me to believe that in her own and limited way, she understood the concept of being in motion.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Bye-bye"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Zerlynde's First Flight

We gave her sugar cane water during take-off and landing to help her equalize. And on both occasions, she threw up in the comfort of my poor mum’s embrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home