Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Please Be Careful With My Heart

Nothing pleases me more as I am driving than when I hear a nice piece of song on the radio.

This afternoon, I couldn't help smiling and singing along to Please Be Careful With My Heart when I heard it on Light n Easy. I used to listen to this song repeatedly on my cassette player in the late 80's early 90's lying on my bed in Pooley Hall at South Woodford.

But this version I heard earlier didn't sound like the original Jose Mari Chan version that I was used to. It sounded more refreshing and I just couldn't tell who the vocalist was although later the name Regine something was announced.

I checked google later. Regine Velasquez did sing this duet with Jose Mari Chan in his Constant Change album. But I am quite sure the one I heard this afternoon was slightly different from the version in Constant. Could there have been a later version recorded?

Heart Evangelista and John Pratts apparently recorded a cover much more recently but unfortunately I didn't manage to download a sample.

So looks like I have a mystery to solve here..........

Anyway, for what it's worth, click here to listen to the original version of this song of first romance. Enjoy your reminiscence...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a big fan of yours.. your blogger is really so enjoyable that the first thing I do every morning is to check if there's any new post from you. You must have been really busy in April?

I wont tell you my identity for now (just for fun, maybe let you guess a bit) but I am a woman who is in her mid 30s and live overseas, and we've met before.

Like you, I was a Jose Mari Chan's fan back then and was so looking forward to listening to that song you've linked. Sadly, the page was removed and I didnt get to hear it. Never mind la...

Thanks for such wonderful posts and if I have the time, I'd certainly like to check out the books you've mentioned.

cheers
big fan

5/12/2006 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home