Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Shopping, shopping and more shopping

Mum, Zerlynde and I went to KL again 2 weeks ago for 6 days. I principally went down to attend a friend's wedding, then found out Metrojaya Bukit Bintang's on sale. So.......... We went crazy for 4 hours, or at least I did. Spent the entire time at the children's department, grabbing stuffs from Baby Guess, Poney, Cape Cod, etc. mostly at 50% discount. Luckily there's a toy department on the same floor, so Zerlynde was kept amused and busy, watched closely by mum and the maid, freeing me to scan through everything at lightning speed. Hubby came to pick us up at 7pm. I told him how much I spent and he "marvelled" at my "cleverness" in cutting my shopping cost to half, or so I chose to justify and believe........

The following day, we were at it again in One-Utama. Not many shops were on sale, so I refrained from buying too much. I did the prudent thing of ear-marking what I wanted and promised myself to "come back" for them during the Grand Sale end of July :)

At the wedding, a friend mentioned that Sogo's THE place to go for kid's stuffs. So on Sunday afternoon, I dragged my mum there again. We managed to get more stuffs, all at 50% off :) As usual, Zerlynde had her own gala time at the toys department. Since mum had an appointment at the masseur at 3pm, we only spent less than 2 hours at Sogo (in spite of which, I managed to buy no less than 10 items of clothing ;)), so that evening, we returned there again to finish our task. Hubby went with us in the evening and spent the entire 2 hours at the household department (don't ask me why!), while I babysat Zerlynde so that mum and Kitty were free to browse in the ladies department. Zerlynde was kept very amused by a train set for 20 minutes, so I decided to buy the set for her, rationalising that whenever I need the 20 minutes break in future, I can resort to the train set for assistance :)

The next day, we went to KLCC. I wanted to go to Isetan principally to check out the sale and also because I was given some cash vouchers by a Bank for some referrals. Most stuffs were at 0nly 10 - 20% discount, so I refused to buy anything. (except for a gift for my niece whose birthday is coming up soon) I saw some really lovely Sesame Street t-shirts for babies at the Sesame Street counter and were so very tempted to buy them. But mum said no, I must wait for the Grand Sale. Okayyy.........

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Zerlynde kept busy at Isetan

Bought a few books at Kinokuniya, only those at 20% discount, the so-called Gems of the Month. One of the featured authors was Hari Kunzru. As he was placed side by side with Rohinton Mistry in the catalogue, I decided to try him and bought both his The Impressionist and Transmission, the latter I managed to finish reading last week. Also got Oscar Hijuelos' The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love and John Banville's The Sea, the former Winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the latter Winner of the Man Booker Prize. Got Zerlynde 2 Maisy books. Oh! I also got Kawabata's Cold Mountain which I read last weekend and will form the subject-matter of my posting on another occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home