Monday, September 11, 2006

In Celebration of Dad' Birthday

Dad fancied a meal at Salad Bowl. So, we brought the three babies there to celebrate his birthday there with him. Salad Bowl as far as I can remember has been operating since time immemorial. As a little girl, dining there was a real treat. It was at Salad Bowl that I had my first “Pork Chop” which I ignorantly called “Pig Chop”. It was also there that I had my first Banana Split. And it was definitely there when I first encountered and fell in love with Tiffany stained-glass lamps. So, going there has brought back many sweet memories of my childhood, thanks to my great parents that I had a wonderful childhood!

Salad Bowl is renowned for its fried beehoon and chicken chop. So, we ordered a few dishes of beehoon to share. I tried its sizzling steak which turned out to be one of the best I’ve tasted so far. And at RM32++, it’s good value for money too.

It was a very simple celeb with no birthday cakes and frills. But I think dad is happiest when he is surrounded by his grandchildren, and that evening, he certainly was surrounded by 3 of his favourites. Before we left the restaurant, dad proudly told the proprietor that he used to bring his children there. Now, he has brought his grandchildren. I guess that statement says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home