Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy About Balloons

We are throwing a party to celebrate Zerlynde's 3rd Birthday soon. So we thought of giving out balloons to the kids on that day. None of us could sculpture balloons however. And a professional will set us back by RM400-00. So I told hubby that it will be his responsibility to model balloons that day. I got him a packet of balloons and a pump, and got him to start experimenting and practising last Friday evening. For a beginner, I must say, my hubby was pretty good. My sis joined him later, and soon I found myself trying to sculpture a butterfly. My fear of balloons vanished seeing both their enthusiasm. Later, I even checked out the website http://www.balloon-animals.com/, thanks to a blogger friend's recommendation and learned to make teddybears and flower bracelets.


Previous years, Zerlynde was too young to be involved in the preparation of her birthday. But this year, she's very excited about the whole coming event and has been helping me, with the party loot bags and the invitation cards; sticking stickers on them, putting them into envelopes, etc. We are also in the process of making a pinata which hubby said he was going to make but ended up only making us the glue...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...now I can see your house is fill with balloons, just like mine.

8/25/2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger balloon-animals said...

the link to balloon-animals.com is broken

you put animal-balloons.com

1/17/2008 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home