Friday, August 17, 2007

Back in Penang

We were back in Penang a few days end of last month. Since it coincided with my birthday, we decided to spend 2 nights at Northam Hotel. The first day, we stayed in the hotel the whole time as the kids wanted to play in the bath tub. The second day, we went to this place called Summer Garden near Hillside for lunch with some friends. In the evening, we invited some close friends over to the hotel to catch up. Most of them brought along their kids, so it was pretty lively.

Zerlynde had a swell time those few days. Firstly, she got to spend time with her favourite cousin Jonathan. Secondly, she got to blow out the birthday candles twice in a day. She actually thought it was her birthday and went around saying “her friends” are coming for “her birthday party”. A real social butterfly, she is!

And what a lucky gal I am. Hubby got me a Haagen Daz cake in the afternoon and my favourite Secret Recipe White Macademia cake in the evening. On top of that, two of my former staffs gave me a lovely chocolate cake. And I received so many pressies too; books, CDs, Bodyshop, Crabtree & Evelyn, scents, lotions, sexy blouses and dresses, jewelleries and flowers, etc. etc. However, my most precious gift is and I remain thankful for the opportunity to spend the day with close friends and loved ones.


We rushed back to the south on Sat to attend a friend's 40th birthday dinner at Rawang. Another opportunity to catch up with some friends. Zerlynde surprised us by singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" on the mic, her first public performance ever. My superstar had absolutely no stage fright! We are so proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home