Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil II

Got round to watching Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil at last. Hmmm.. it's not bad, not as good as the book though. And those who've not had the chance to read the book beforehand may find it a bit difficult to catch on what's happening as one scene rapidly skips to another.

What I gained/learned from watching the movie:

  • I now know how Savannah looks like; the buildings are beautiful and a sense of mystery and old charm permeates the air.
  • I re-discovered two lovely songs in the soundtrack - Alison Krauss' This Time the Dream's on Me and k.d. lang's Skylark.
  • The soundtrack comprises solely of Johnny Mercer's songs.
  • There is a Lady Chablis.
  • I fell in love with John Cusack. He's so sexy!
Oh! And I didn't know Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil caused such a huge sensation in Savannah! To elaborate, Midnight written in 1994 by one John Berendt, is a work of nonfiction. All the characters are real and their stories are true. When the book was published, Savannah saw a significant increase in the number of tourists in town. I am not surprised! I told myself after the book and the movie that I must visit Savannah one day. Midnight in my opinion is the 90's equivalent to The Da Vinci Code.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home