Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What Does One Do in KL Without A Baby?

I was in KL last Thursday and Friday. Was occupied the whole day on Thursday at a Conveyancing Seminar till 5.30pm. Then, a friend Zani came to pick me up for coffee at Bangsar Shopping Complex. Was very nice catching up with him. After that, rushed to meet another friend Janice and her daughter Nicole for dinner at Taman Tun Yau Tak Teng Coffee Shop. Then she brought me to her house nearby where we chatted till 1am!

Friday, I went berserk at KLCC. Spent a fortune on books at Kinokuniya, my favourite buy being DK's Cinema Year By Year 1894 to 2005 and Yasunari Kawabata's The Sound Of The Mountain (I found it finally!). I also got Zerlynde a lovely book entitled Baby Galileo Sees the Stars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tracing the development of cinema from the first experiments of Edison to the global film industry of the 21st century, this bestselling annual is the definitive chronology of the movies. Packed with key events and facts from the history of film, Cinema Year by Year is an informative and fascinating reference for movie lovers. Great for film lovers or anyone interested in movies. Includes stills, portraits and posters. Covers winners from the 2005 Academy Awards

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mesmerizing exploration of the beauty of the night sky. Each page contains raised day glow stars and ends with Baby Galileo™ spying one glowing moon. Large, sturdy novelty board book. Appropriate for ages 18 months and up.
Your little one will be mesmerized exploring the beauty of the night sky along with Baby Galileo in this delightful novelty board book. On each page, a charming narrative invites young children to accompany Baby Galileo and count the glowing stars that embroider the night sky. The book ends with Baby Galileo spying one glowing moon. Printed on high-quality glossy board book pages, Baby Galileo™Sees the Stars will provide you and your little one with endless possibilities for fun and interaction.

Mee Lin joined me for lunch at Little Penang Cafe at 2pm. The Lam Mee there was delicious. We then did more window shopping but our tasks were significantly impaired after awhile caused primarily by my limping away as a result of my unwisely wearing a pair of very high heels. Mee Lin's feet too were killing her (no more Bata shoes in future, she said), so we headed to Isetan to hunt for some comfortable shoes afterwhich we could be seen trotting gracefully in our new practical shoes to Parkson where we both decided to give ourselves a treat in the form of a bottle of Stila Midnight Bloom eau de Parfum for me and a bottle of shower gel for her. (My hubby later complimented that I smelled of Ice-Cream Soda, so I guess the money was well spent!) Mee Lin then gave us another treat in the form of a visit to the 5-star Ladies on the Ground Floor of KLCC. RM2/- per head was charged for entry. The place was spick and span and there were two ladies standing by the sinks to dry our hands after we've washed them. Eeeek... I am not used to such luxuries, really. So thanks but no thanks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Step into the garden of Midnight Bloom, Stila's intoxicating fragrance reminiscent of the deep, hazy aromas of a midsummer night. Designed with a spicy hint of gardenia, the rich and warm creamy-white flower of tempting twilights, midnight bloom is also arranged with the gentle green notes of sweet fig and the exotic notes of sandalwood and golden amber.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Auntie Mee Lin bought this cute little bag for Zerlynde to keep her angpows during CNY

At 7pm, Mee Lin had to rush off for another appointment but I was soon accompanied by Kitty and my hubby who came to join me after work. We went to Marks and Spencer where I bought a box of puzzles for Jonathan and packets of custard cream (at 40% discount!!) to replenish my stock. Hubby indulged himself and got a pair of British-made pants. Then Kitty complained of hunger, so we had our dinner at Little Penang Cafe (again!). We did more window shopping after that until the shops closed at 11pm.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Puzzles for Jonathan's birthday

I was at KLCC for a stretch of 11 hours :)

Oh! And not forgetting, I was greeted by a box of yummy Patchi chocolates on my arrival in KL on Wednesday evening. (Isn't my hubby soooo romantic?!) Stuffed myself silly the whole night which caused me to constipate for 5 days thereafter! Thanks to Vivalife Cleanse Tea I finally got my relief...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yummy! I love how each piece is so exquisitely wrapped

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Highly recommended for those who need a relief

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home