Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Bonnie

More often than not, Zerlynde kicks up a fuss at bedtime. What I normally do is "pin" her to the bed, tickle her a little, then sing her some lullabies. These techniques normally work. On a good day, she dozes off after 5 minutes. On a bad day however, it can take me more than an hour to get her to sleep, in which case, I employ other creative methods like put on a babies' programme on my laptop and let her watch till she dozes off :)

Tonight, it took me more than half an hour to get her to bed. She spent 15 minutes calling out "Ah Ma, Ah Ma", her granny my mum who has been on vacation since yesterday afternoon. Then I "pinned" her down on the bed despite her protests and started tickling her which resulted in her half crying and half laughing. When she calmed down somewhat, I sang her favourite lullaby, My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean. When I came to the chorus bit, I couldn't believe my ears when she sang along with me "Bring Back, Bring Back". I thought I heard wrongly but there's no mistake. I repeated the lullaby a few times and each time when I reached the chorus, she went "Bring Back, Bring Back".

Isn't my Bonnie the loveliest bonnies of all??!

Her other repertoire includes "Happy Birthday to You", "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and the mandarin song "Ke Ren Lai". She only sings the following bits, "Happy..", "to You", "Star", "Are", "High", "Kan Pa Pa", but we are all so proud of her. Won't all parents?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home