Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

We caught the blockbuster!

Our friends' wedding was at the Spring Valley Chinese restaurant at Mid-Valley, so halfway through, Kenzu made a disappearing act and came back an hour later with 2 tickets for the midnight show, the last 2 tickets, according to him. He didn't appear too estactic about having successfully procured the tickets especially on the first opening Saturday night, so I was a bit suspicious and asked to look at the tickets. One was for the seating B13 and the other H13....... I pondered for awhile, then looked at him quizically. My husband smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders. Those were the last tickets, he didn't have a better choice..........

Anyway, after dinner, we went home to rest for an hour and in time for me to lull Zerlynde to sleep before going back to the cineplex to catch the 12.30 screening. We grabbed a burger each from McDonald's (the dinner although held at a very elegant location, obviously was not too apetising), then made ourselves comfortable in our respective seats (6 rows apart) in preparation for our 2 and a half hour viewing.

Enough has been said about the movie, so I shall not embarked on a review of it. I have read the book and I liked it, a lot. The movie is neither a let-down nor exactly that superb. I am glad I watched it but you won't catch me in the cinema for a second viewing. That morning when I reached home after the movie, it was nearly 3.30am. I took my illustrated edition of the book down from the cabinet to do some checking. The movie was more or less faithful to the novel but for a few points. I promised myself to read the book again, just to spot the discrepancies. It is definitely much more exciting and thrilling reading the Da Vinci Code than watching it, despite Tom Hanks, despite Audrey Tautou..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home