Monday, June 04, 2007

French Festival 2007

We managed to catch 3 films this year over a stretch of one week. We saw the first one, "La vie en rose" (La Mome), on Sat 26th May, a film about the life of Edith Piaf, the great French singer. Both Kitty and I liked it. We even shed some tears at one part! Hubby on the other hand found it abit depressing. (He was hoping to catch "Pirates of the Carribean" but was dragged along by us ladies for La Mome instead, much to his regret!) Zerlynde slept halfway thru and Zuwern was a really good baby and didn't make any noise (except when he poo-pooed and I had to bring him out of the theater to change him thus missing a bit of the movie)

Sunday evening, Kitty and I caught the 9pm "Priceless" (Hors de prix). We brought Zuwern along (!) while hubby stayed home with Zerlynde. Priceless is a romantic comedy featuring Audrey Tautou. It was very sweet and witty and entertaining. I called it the modern "Breakfast At Tiffany" for reasons of my own. And Oh! The clothes worn by Audrey Tautou in the movie is to die for! This is one movie I don't mind watching again and again, and I have this feeling there'll be a DVD release quite soon, so I'll be keeping a look out.

The other one we watched was "You Are So Beautiful" (Je vous trouve tres beau), last Sat 2nd June. This film won the Best First Fiction at the French Academy Awards 2006 apparently. And this time, there was no complaint from hubby who found it to be rather entertaining. Both the babies were not at their best behaviour, so I found myself having to bring them out of the theatre a few times, so as not to disturb the rest of the viewers, who must have thought us pretty inconsiderate to have brought such young "viewers" along with us to the movies. I really didn't want to miss this annual event, so decided to breach a protocol.

Wished I had more time to watch the rest of the films shown. But I guess, 3 out of 7 is not too bad, considering the circumstances...

Oh! And those caramel popcorns were really a "must-have" for all movie viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home