Monday, June 26, 2006

French Film Festival 2006

Although it was a particularly hectic week for me, I managed to catch 2 films during the recent French Film Festival.

The first was Joyeux Noel (2005) [Merry Christmas] which I saw on the opening day. It was an incredible film about love and humanity which moved me to tears a few times within that one and a half hour. I was so inspired by the film that I briefly toyed with naming one of my future issues "Paix" to stand for peace, haha, seriously... but "Zerpaix" does sound a tad weird, I guess...

The other film watched was entitled "Cash Truck" which was so violent that it's really not worth mentioning at all. A few friends and I were supposed to watch something called Saint-Ange but the GSC at Gurney Plaza changed the schedule so many times that we ended up watching this nonsense which was, in my opinion, a sheer waste of time.

Well, one wins some and loses some, I guess....

Was hoping to watch "The Beat That My Heart Skipped" and "Viper In The Fist" but didn't manage to find the time unfortunately. A friend highly recommended the latter, but alas, as I was saying earlier, "so many things to do, and so little time"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home